For the quarter ended December 2022, Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) reported revenue of $1.38 billion, up 59.6% over the same period last year. EPS came in at $0.93, compared to $1.46 in the year-ago quarter.
The reported revenue compares to the Zacks Consensus Estimate of $1.44 billion, representing a surprise of -4.24%. The company delivered an EPS surprise of +5.68%, with the consensus EPS estimate being $0.88.
While investors closely watch year-over-year changes in headline numbers — revenue and earnings — and how they compare to Wall Street expectations to determine their next course of action, some key metrics always provide a better insight into a company’s underlying performance.
As these metrics influence top- and bottom-line performance, comparing them to the year-ago numbers and what analysts estimated helps investors project a stock’s price performance more accurately.
Here is how Take-Two performed in the just reported quarter in terms of the metrics most widely monitored and projected by Wall Street analysts:
- Total net bookings: $1.38 billion compared to the $1.45 billion average estimate based on 13 analysts.
- Net bookings by distribution channel – Digital online: $1.31 billion versus $1.37 billion estimated by seven analysts on average.
- Net bookings by distribution channel – Physical retail and other: $74.40 million compared to the $82.29 million average estimate based on six analysts.
- Net bookings by platform mix – Mobile: $713.20 million compared to the $621.83 million average estimate based on three analysts.
- Net Revenues by Distribution Channel – Physical retail and other – GAAP: $71.10 million compared to the $112.87 million average estimate based on three analysts. The reported number represents a change of -33.9% year over year.
- Net Revenues by Distribution Channel – Digital online: $1.34 billion versus $1.27 billion estimated by three analysts on average. Compared to the year-ago quarter, this number represents a +68% change.
View all Key Company Metrics for Take-Two here>>>
Shares of Take-Two have returned +4.3% over the past month versus the Zacks S&P 500 composite’s +8.3% change. The stock currently has a Zacks Rank #3 (Hold), indicating that it could perform in line with the broader market in the near term.
Free Report: Must-See Hydrogen Stocks
Hydrogen fuel cells are already used to provide efficient, ultra-clean energy to buses, ships and even hospitals. This technology is on the verge of a massive breakthrough, one that could make hydrogen a major source of America’s power. It could even totally revolutionize the EV industry.
Zacks has released a special report revealing the 4 stocks experts believe will deliver the biggest gains.
Download Cashing In on Cleaner Energy today, absolutely free.
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (TTWO) : Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.