In 2022, headwinds weighed on lofty large cap U.S. stock index valuations. Our Chief Equity Strategist and Economist, John Blank, is here now to talk more about that and give us an update on “Fair Value”.
1. What were those major headwinds?
2. Are they still in play?
3. Are stock traders looking over those headwinds?
4. Is the S&P 500 at “Fair Value” then?
5. So, is there an index recovery going on here?
6. What role is the recession narrative playing in this?
7. Bottom line, is the main market concern still the economy?
8. Does the Ukraine situation also pressure stocks?
9. 2 year Treasuries have hit levels not seen since November. That has to be pressuring stocks correct?
10. As far as stocks you’re watching. You’ve written that the message from the latest late JAN 2023 Zacks Industry Ranks is Consumer Staples stocks firmly lead at Very Attractive. Among them Swatch Group AG SWGAY. Next in line, the Industrials, and Utilities. There you’ve chosen Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co RS and National Grid Transco NGG.
Our Chief Equity Strategist and Economist, John Blank, talking about “Fair Value”
With John, I’m Terry Ruffolo.
Is THIS the Ultimate New Clean Energy Source? (4 Ways to Profit)
The world is increasingly focused on eliminating fossil fuels and ramping up use of renewable, clean energy sources. Hydrogen fuel cells, powered by the most abundant substance in the universe, could provide an unlimited amount of ultra-clean energy for multiple industries.
Our urgent special report reveals 4 hydrogen stocks primed for big gains – plus our other top clean energy stocks.
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co. (RS) : Free Stock Analysis Report
National Grid Transco, PLC (NGG) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Swatch Group AG (SWGAY) : Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.